Mental Training Programs For Young Athletes
A sports mom asks:
“I just wanted to know what the best program is for a 11 (almost 12) year old. I have a 12-year-old with confidence issues.”
We often receive emails with these types of questions.
Here at the Ultimate Sports Parent and Kids’ Sports Psychology, we offer a number of programs, all of which boost kids’ confidence, focus, and overall mental toughness in sports.
The number one reason your athletes need help with their mental game is when they under perform in games–when they can’t perform freely or with confidence in competition.
Others top reasons parents contact us include the following. When their athletes:
- Lose confidence
- Get frustrated easily
- Play too safe in games
- Worry too much about what others think
- Have fear of failure
- Are perfectionists
- Can’t focus well in games
Here are the top solutions we have for young athletes and parents to deal with these challenges…
Learn more about what’s right for your child:
1. The Confident Sports Kid CD and Workbook Program
This program addresses the top issues that undermine kids’ confidence in sports. This program is for sports kids that:
- Have high expectations that hurt confidence
- Doubt themselves before or during performance
- Are perfectionists who can grow confidence
- Have negative self-talk or are highly self-critical
2. The Focused Sports Kid CD and Workbook Program
This program helps kids hone their focusing skills. This is a good choice for your young athlete if they:
- Get distracted easily in competition
- Worry about what others think, such as teammates, coaches and parents
- Worry about their stats or the score
- Focus too much on the size and strength of opponents
- Lose focus and can’t get it back
3. The Composed Sports Kid CD and Workbook Program
This program is designed to help sports kids who:
- Struggle with frustration during competition
- Have a lack of composure, especially in response to making mistakes
- Throw tantrums after making mistakes
- Lack emotional control and cry while playing
4. The Ultimate Sports Parent CD and Wordbook Program
This programs helps you, as parents, become the best sports moms and dads you can be. This program:
- Identifies top mental game challenges
- Shows you how to cultivate confidence, focus and composure in kids
- Helps you identify your top youth sports challenges
5. Sports Parents’ Top Dilemma: Help Young Athletes Kick Perfectionism and Fear of Failure
This program helps young athletes who are perfectionists. Are your kids:
- Held back by fear, indecision or hesitation because they’re afraid of failing?
- Are they too hard on themselves?
- Do they lambast themselves for making mistakes?
6. 10-Minute Pregame Prep Audio and Workbook Program
This program helps young athletes mentally prepare for competition by listening to 10-min audio programs. This program helps kids:
- Get ready mentally for competition.
- Understand the most important mental skills to perform well
- Learn about sports psychology in a simple, easy to consume format.
Boost Your Self-Confidence With Expert Mental Game Coaching!
Expert mental game coach Dr. Patrick Cohn can help your sports kids overcome their sports mental game issues with personal coaching.
You can work with Dr. Cohn himself in Orlando, Florida or via Skype, FaceTime, or telephone. Call us toll free at 888-742-7225 or contact us for more information about the different coaching programs we offer!
What are our mental coaching students saying?
“Ashley wanted me to let you know that she placed very well at her competition this past weekend, thanks to you! She won the short, won the long, and had her personal best. She now looks at her competitions like ice shows and has fun. It is really nice to see her thoroughly enjoying the skate. She is very focused and very confident. We definitely attribute this to you.”
~Brenda Glassco, Skating Parent
“I want to thank you for the great work you are doing with Ty. He seems to be soaring with confidence right now. We are flying out to see him pitch next weekend. He threw well Friday night and is drawing a lot of interest from several Division 1 schools.”
~Randy Sullivan, Baseball Parent
“I wanted to say that your program was one of the contributing factors that has helped Michelle improve her hitting. Last week she had the most relaxed, confident games at bat ever! The mental exercises have started to make things click. The mental program is something she can practice in other facets of life. I am pleased that we decided to invest in your program, the results are showing.”
~Jim Ellis, Michelle’s father
“I believe you have helped Bryan immensely and he will need your support throughout the season. I thank you for your work with Bryan. Despite what happens on the court, he is a more confident young man because of his work with you.”
~Donna Cambria, Bryan’s mother
“Dr. Cohn’s mental coaching has really helped our son Justin gain confidence in his riding and teach us how improve teamwork on and off the track.”
~Stephanie Starling, Justin’s Mother